At Simonside Primary School, we are passionate about working alongside parents/carers to achieve the very best for our children. Children make the most progress when parents and carers are fully involved in their children’s learning and we actively encourage parental involvement.
Parents/Carers are always welcome at Simonside Primary School and there are many ways in which you can be involved with your child’s education. Below is a list of just some of the ways in which you can get involved but if you have any more suggestions, please contact Mrs Pegman, who will be delighted to discuss these with you.
- Attend Performances / Presentation Events
- Join us for Reception ‘Stay & Play’ Sessions
- Attend Parental Workshops
- Accompany us on School Visits
- Attend Parent’s Evening
- Join in with Home/School Challenges (for example, ‘Get Caught Reading’ and ‘100 things to do before you’re 6’)
- Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates from the classroom (@simonsideschool)
- Complete Parent/Carer Questionnaires
- Visit your child’s class teacher if you would like to discuss ANY issues/concerns
- Join us for Sports Day
- Support ‘Friends of Simonside’ Events or join the ‘Friends of Simonside’ Team
- Make your talents known (you will be surprised how many gardeners, artists and carpenters we can make use of!)